YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
DIRECTED BY JANE FRYER, E-RYT 500
2021 Dates TBD
What will I learn?
The Restorative Spectrum is a depth survey of the restorative-oriented yoga traditions. Essential Nature Restorative Yoga will be our primary focus. The remaining time will be spent equally exploring Yin Yoga, Meditation, and Yoga Nidra. The philosophies, theories, science, benefits (and contraindications) of each of these methods will be examined, practiced, and embodied in order to encourage critical thinking, further investigation and personal growth.
Teachings will include
• Essential Nature Restorative Yoga Sequences.
• How to create Restorative Flows that resonate with seasonal influences.
• How to create Restorative Flows that support internal organs and elements.
• Classical Restorative Yoga inspired by Judith Hanson Lasater, PhD; and Roger Cole, PhD
• The ability to effectively teach restorative yoga within a group setting and how to ‘hold space’.
• How to center your class and yourself with a dharma talk.
• Active and passive restorative poses.
• The energetic map of the koshas and how they relate to restorative yoga.
• The distinction between Restorative Yoga and Yin Yoga and how to effectively convey these differences to students; knowing what to choose, when, and why.
• The ability to confidently teach Yin yoga within a group setting.
• The Chinese Meridians and their application within Restorative Yoga and Yin Yoga practices
• How to incorporate chanting within the restorative spectrum.
• Yoga Nidra-the practice of yogic sleep.
• How to use marma points in your Yoga Nidra class
• Meditation. The science and practical application and to how to incorporate it into a class.
• An introduction to the Practice of Vipassana Meditation
• Anatomy and physiology including: The physiology of relaxation, Key tenets of the nervous system including the parasympathetic and sympathetic branches
• Introduction to Steven Porges’ Polyvagal theory.
• The Vagus Nerve, what it is, and how it influences our capacity to self-regulate.
What will I be able to do?
Upon completion of the Restorative Spectrum Yoga Teacher Training, you will have comprehensively studied and embodied the different modalities of the restorative practices. You will be able to effectively differentiate, articulate and teach within each of these modalities. You will also be able to skillfully incorporate Essential Nature Restorative Yoga, Yin Yoga, Yoga Nidra, and meditation into a class in an engaging and informative manner.
Meet the program director
Jane Fryer is the creator of Essential Nature Restorative Yoga and The Restorative Spectrum. Jane has lived and breathed Yoga for the better part of her almost 70 years, and has immersed herself in Kripalu, Sivananda, Iyengar, Anusara, Yin, Restorative, and Yoga Nidra. Jane’s most recent teachings reflect a synthesis of these traditions with an emphasis on how Restorative Yoga relates to contemplative spiritual practices. Learn more about Jane at www.janefryer.com.
Get More Information
Nexus Institute's private residence is located a few steps from the Pacific Ocean in beautiful Nosara, Costa Rica. Casa Nexus features an expansive canopy-level vaulted ceiling yoga studio, two kitchens, yoga library, and salt-water pool. You will be within easy walking distance to beaches, tidal pools, shops, markets, and restaurants. Orientation will include a full tour of local dining and organic grocery options. Take part in our optional catered vegan lunch with gluten free alternatives; explore local restaurants; or build your own tropical meals in two well-equipped kitchens.
Accommodations Options Sunday–Sunday: 13 nights
Tuition-only Commuter: $1,880
Tuition and Shared Bunk Room: $2,950
Tuition and Private Room: $3,750
This training is limited to 20 participants. Register early to ensure a place!