YOGA TEACHER TRAINING
DIRECTED BY HORACE USRY AND JANEL SCHULLO
2021 Dates TBD
A 75-hour Nexus Institute 300-hour Training Module.
No previous yoga experience necessary.
In this 11 day 75-hour certification training you will learn how to relate yoga theory and practice to 12-Step Recovery for your own personal development and/or that of your students. This training results in a Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Certificate in Yoga for Addiction Recovery.
Who is this training for?
Yoga for Recovery is for any person seeking to deepen their experience and understanding of recovery through yoga, meditation and pranayama, and/or for those who are seeking to learn skills to assist others in doing the same. It is ideal for therapists, yoga teachers, and other professionals working with people in recovery. Also very suitable for those individuals seeking to improve and deepen their recovery alongside their yoga inquiry. Participants do not need to be active in or familiar with the 12-Step program.
This training is not for persons who have a current chronic addition. It is not intended to substitute for a rehabilitation program. Contact us if you are currently dealing with an addiction and need help, we might be able to assist you in finding the right kind of support.
Throughout the training, by way of group discussions, practice sessions, 12-Step meetings, and group dynamics you will:
• Increase your understanding of 12-Step Recovery
• Relate yoga, meditation and breath work to 12-Step Recovery
• Deepen your personal yoga practice
• Enhance your communication skills
• Explore craving and aversion cycles through Buddhism and Neuroscience
• Allow yourself and others to experience personal feeling without judgment
• Understand inks between trauma and addictive/compulsive behaviors
• Learn basic skills for guiding a trauma-informed yoga practice
• Cultivate the ability to listen to the language of sensation and intuition
• Experience meditation techniques and understand how meditation aids recovery
• Strengthen your connection with higher power
Nexus Institute's private residence is located a few steps from the Pacific Ocean in beautiful Nosara, Costa Rica. The property features an expansive canopy-level vaulted ceiling yoga studio, two kitchens, quiet sitting areas, and a salt water pool. Accommodations range from private to shared rooms. You will be within easy walking distance to the beach, tidal pools, shops, markets, and restaurants. Orientation includes a full tour of local dining and organic grocery options. Explore fresh local dining, create your own tropical meals, or take advantage of our catered vegan lunches. Horace and Janel are present on site throughout the training.
Tuition-only Commuter: $750
Tuition and Shared Bunk Room: $1,450 per person
Tuition and Private Room: $1,950 per person
This training is limited to 20 participants. Register early to ensure a place.